I am so excited I finished my striped hall and gallery wall over the weekend. It’s been on my to-do list ever since we moved in last year. Striped walls will never get old. I just love them! They make me happy. :)
I knew I wanted to do something simple and not too busy. However, I did want to add a bit of color. This project only took a few hours because we only painted 3 stripes. It’s the perfect Saturday project.
I’m also excited to be partnering with ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape & The Home Depot for today’s post. I use their tape for all my projects! It’s the best!
Here’s what the entry way looked like when we bought the house. As you can see there has been a lot of changes since when I did the home tour. The white wood makes also makes ALL the difference! Next up is removing the white carpet.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started, so you can paint your own striped wall:
- ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape Original Multi-Use (2090)
- Paint (I used BEHR® Ultra Pure White )
- Paint brush
- Paint tray
- 3m plastic drop cloth
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is measure your wall and make sure your base coat is already painted the color you want. Then you’re going to need to figure out how thick you want your stripes, how many stripes, etc. Then comes some math to make sure everything evens out. I made my stripes 13 inches.
2. Then you’re going to grab a laser level (if you don’t have one, maybe borrow one) and start marking out the lines according to the math that you did earlier. It’s best to mark little lines across with a pencil and then line up the tape. Make sure to measure equidistant all the way across to make sure you have a straight line.
3. Line up that tape and push down to secure the edges. You can always seal the tape with the base color of paint if you’re worried about it leaking. I didn’t have any problems with this tape.
4. Paint the stripes with two coats of paint and then slowly peel the tape away at a 45° angle.
Once your wall is dry, spray paint some frames and hang them up! I found these one’s at IKEA a few years back and just gave them a little makeover. It definitely brightened up the whole space!
Looking for more inspiraton? Make sure to check out the blog hop below. This year’s summer blog-hop is called “Get It, Got It, Go” and is being hosted by Kate at Centsational Girl, so be sure to check out the other fabulous DIY projects.
320 Sycamore: Front Porch Project
Simply Designing: DIY Board & Batten
Brooklyn Limestone: Farmer’s Market Display Stand
Fave Crafts: DIY Aztec Planters
Domestic Imperfection: Rusty Metal Shed Makeover
Studio Pebbles: Faux Frame Modern Art
Whipperberry: BBQ Tool Storage
Dukes & Duchesses: Color Block Umbrella Table
HoneyBear Lane: Patriotic Lanterns
Uncommon Designs: Striped Workbench
Love of Family & Home: Grain Sack Table
This post was in partnership with 3M. Find more information about their products and connect here: ScotchBlue Facebook page – ScotchBlue Twitter – ScotchBlue Pinterest – The Home Depot Facebook page – The Home Depot Twitter – The Home Depot Pinterest page