Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna – Layers of tortillas, cream cheese, beans, taco meat, enchilada sauce and cheese. Perfectly creamy, cheesy and has tons of flavor. This is the BEST taco lasagna recipe!
This slow cooker taco lasagna is the perfect meal for those busy afternoons. Just throw everything in the crock pot during nap time and you’ll have something ready on the table by dinner time! It’s packed with layers of tortillas, cream cheese, beans, taco meat, enchilada sauce and cheese and is absolutely delicious. So easy and tastes amazing. My family ate this crock pot taco lasagna right up!
This taco lasagna recipe is a dish that the whole family will love and is perfect for week nights. My inspiration for this dish was a Mexican lasagna that I’ve been making for years. I wanted to find a way to make it in the slow cooker, so that I could prep it during nap time and have it nice and hot by dinner time. Making this taco lasagna in the slow cooker was SO easy and it turned out delicious! It’s perfectly creamy, cheesy and has tons of flavor. YUM!
Toppings to add to taco lasagna recipe
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Green onions
- Avocado or guacamole
- Black olives
- Green or red bell peppers
- Shredded lettuce
Quick tips about crock pot taco lasagna
- Want an easier clean up? Try using a slow cooker liner before you add ingredients.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker or would rather bake taco lasagna in the oven, you easily can. Just add all ingredients to a 9×13 baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes (until cheese is melted and bubbly).
- Use gluten-free or corn tortillas (check the label!) to make gluten-free.
- Want to lighten up the crockpot Mexican lasagna? Use ground turkey or shredded chicken vs. ground beef. And substitute full fat cheeses with reduced fat cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- If you’re not a fan of black beans, you could use pinto beans instead. You could even omit beans all together and use corn as the replacement.
Love this taco lasagna? You’ll like these other Mexican recipes too:
- Sheet pan chicken fajitas
- Best taco soup recipe
- Slow cooker chicken taco bowls with cilantro lime rice
- Mexican stuffed shells
Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (I like to do a mix)
- 4 large flour tortillas
Optional toppings: sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, olives
- In a large frying pan, cook the hamburger over medium heat until browned. Drain grease and stir in 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning and salsa. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning to a medium sized bowl. Stir until smooth and then add in the black beans.
- Pour 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place a tortilla on top and spread with 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Then add about 1 cup taco meat and 3/4 cup cheese. Drizzle 1/3 cup enchilada sauce on top and then repeat with 3 layers.
- Cook taco lasagna on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-4 hours, or until cheese in nice and bubbly hot. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve with your favorite toppings.
This taco lasagna post was originally brought to you by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% my own.