This Oreo ice cream cake is absolutely delicious and so easy to make! The layers of hot fudge, cool whip and crushed Oreo’s make the perfect combination of chocolaty goodness.
This recipe is one of my favorite no-bake desserts to make during the summer. It’s easy, delicious and such a refreshing treat when the weather is warm. If you’re a fan of classic ice cream cakes, you’ll love this Oreo version.
I’m a huge fan of anything chocolate and believe me when I say that this recipe is the perfect combination of chocolaty goodness. Whether it’s the hot fudge, crushed Oreo’s or ice cream sandwiches, this recipe is made for all of you chocolate lovers out there! It’s one of my favorite go-to recipes to make during the Summer and is always a hit with family and friends. My kids especially love it!
I made this dessert for my hubby’s birthday and everyone loved it! It makes the perfect cake for a Summer birthday! And you can’t beat how easy it is to make. Summertime is so busy and our schedule gets pretty crazy, so having simple and quick dessert recipes is a must. What I love about this recipe is that it comes together in a matter of minutes and you literally cannot mess it up! All of the ingredients taste amazing together….it’s like they were meant to be. :)
How to make Oreo ice cream cake
This recipe is so simple and takes only a few minutes! Just layer the ingredients, freeze and you’re ready to eat! It also saves great and is just as delicious the next day.
- Oreo crust: Smash Oreo’s in a zip lock bag and spread on bottom of 9×13″ pan. Drizzle butter on top and mix with a fork. Then press the mixture down into the pan to form a crust.
- Ice cream sandwiches: Layer the first row of ice cream sandwiches evenly on top of the crust. Pour hot fudge on top, then add the second layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of the fudge.
- Cool whip: Spread cool whip (or homemade whipped cream) on top of the last layer and then top with extra Oreo crumbs.
TIP: Make sure the cool whip has softened before adding to the cake. This way you can easily spread it on top!
Make ahead + storing
This is the perfect cake to make ahead of time. All of the ingredients freeze beautifully. So feel free to prepare the cake as directed, freeze and then pull it out when you’re ready to serve. Just make sure to wrap it tightly (or cover with a lid) so that it doesn’t get freezer burn.
Once served, you can also re-freeze the cake if you have any leftovers. Simply cover and store in the freezer.
More Oreo desserts you’ll love:
- Chocolate lasagna
- Easy Oreo brownies
- 3-ingredient Oreo balls
- Cookies and cream popcorn
- Mini Oreo cheesecake bites
Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 24 Oreos (2 rows)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 24 ice cream sandwiches (2 boxes)
- 12.8 ounce container Hershey's hot fudge
- 8 ounces cool whip or homemade whipped cream, (slightly softened)
- Oreo crumbs for topping
- Crush Oreo's in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter and then press on the bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Layer the ice cream sandwiches on top of each other in the pan (into 2 layers), with a layer of hot fudge in the middle to hold them together.
- Spread cool whip on top and layer with extra Oreo crumbs. Store in the freezer until ready to serve.