Thanksgiving side dishes – These delicious dishes will steal the spotlight away from the turkey. There is truly something for everyone on this list of 50+ Thanksgiving sides. Pick a few and wow your guests this year!
Many would argue that the array of Thanksgiving side dishes are the best part about Thanksgiving. While the appetizers, turkey, pies and other holiday desserts are delicious, it’s usually the Thanksgiving sides that are the star of the show. So many tasty options!
Best Thanksgiving sides
Every Thanksgiving, my plate is always jam packed with Thanksgiving sides. There are so many delicious options to choose from, so why only pick a few? I love to load them all on my plate and dig in. I mean, that’s the best part about Thanksgiving, right? :)
You’ll find all of your favorites in this amazing list of 50+ Thanksgiving side dishes. Whether it’s traditional Thanksgiving sides, easy sides, healthy sides or even slow cooker Thanksgiving sides, you’re bound to find it here!
And although these may be the best Thanksgiving sides, that certainly doesn’t mean you can only make them in November. These dishes are delicious year-round and can serve as the perfect accompaniment to these slow cooker recipes, sheet pan dinners, and easy freezer meals.
Traditional Thanksgiving Sides
Sometimes the best course of action is to keep it classic. These traditional Thanksgiving dishes will be familiar to everyone, old and young alike.
For most people, these are the best Thanksgiving sides—recipes like macaroni and cheese and stuffing will likely be the first dish to disappear. Yum!
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: A classic staple at any holiday dinner (via I Heart Naptime)
- Cheesy Funeral Potatoes: Always a crowd favorite (via I Heart Naptime)
- Sweet Potato Casserole: Topped with a pecan brown sugar crumble (via I Heart Naptime)
- Corn Casserole: Only 5 minutes of prep! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes: Comes together easily in one pot (via I Heart Naptime)
- Twice Baked Potatoes: Loaded with cheese and bacon (via I Heart Naptime)
- Homemade Cornbread: Sweet, moist and perfectly fluffy (via I Heart Naptime)
- Easy Dinner Rolls: The best dinner rolls you’ll ever make! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Gouda Mac and Cheese: Tender macaroni in a creamy gouda sauce (via I Heart Naptime)
- Green Bean Casserole: It isn’t Thanksgiving without this classic dish (via I Heart Naptime)
- Stuffing: Tastes delicious with your Thanksgiving turkey (via Lil Luna)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole: Your guests will swoon over this delicious casserole (via Mom on Timeout)
Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Making a full Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work. Why not give yourself a break by choosing simple sides? These Thanksgiving side dishes are easy to create and come together quickly.
Don’t confuse “easy” with “lack of flavor”, however. These flavorful Thanksgiving sides are among my favorite ones—I always round out our table with at least a couple of these.
- Cranberry Sauce: Made with just 3 simple ingredients! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Roasted Red Potatoes: Super crispy and flavorful (via I Heart Naptime)
- Easy Rice Pilaf: Always an instant favorite (via I Heart Naptime)
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes: Savory, creamy and cheesy (via I Heart Naptime)
- Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs: A fun way to fancy up deviled eggs (via I Heart Naptime)
- Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries: Packed with protein (via Fannetastic Food)
- Maple Buttered Sweet Potato Wedges: All of the best flavors of fall! (via Foodie Crush)
- Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Cheese: Only 15 minutes! (via Kalyn’s Kitchen)
- Delicata Squash Stuffing: You will love delicata squash after trying this stuffing (via Kim’s Cravings)
Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
Save your calories for the important stuff—like pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream! :) These are some of the best Thanksgiving sides—all the flavor and none of the guilt. Plus, these are a good option to accommodate various diets like gluten-free or vegetarian.
- Green Beans: Can be cooked on the stove or in the oven! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Perfectly crispy and caramelized (via I Heart Naptime)
- Easy Fall Salad: Everything you love about fall in a colorful salad (via I Heart Naptime)
- Butternut Squash Soup: Perfectly creamy and full of veggies (via Dinner Then Dessert)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash: The best way to use acorn squash (via The Girl on Bloor)
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower: Light on carbs but heavy on flavor (via The Cookie Rookie)
- Pumpkin Cornbread with Coconut Oil: A fun fall variation (via Wishful Chef)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pears and Cranberries: Will turn anyone into a brussels lover (via I Heart Naptime)
Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes
Vegetable Thanksgiving sides will help complete your meal and add a dose of healthy to your table. You can make virtually any veggie you like with one of these clever Thanksgiving side ideas, whether you prefer them roasted, in a casserole, or covered in cheese—there’s an option for you.
- Glazed Carrots: Only 3 ingredients and loads of flavor (via I Heart Naptime)
- Roasted Butternut Squash: Baked to perfection (via I Heart Naptime)
- Oven Roasted Vegetables: Wonderful flavor and super customizable (via I Heart Naptime)
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli: The best way to make broccoli! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Roasted Cauliflower: Kid-friendly and super delicious (via I Heart Naptime)
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus: Anything wrapped in bacon is better! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots: Easy way to roast carrots in the oven (via I Heart Naptime)
- Cranberry Relish: Fresh cranberries with apples and orange (via Simply Recipes)
- Quinoa Stuffing with Butternut Squash, Cranberries and Pistachios: A healthier version of stuffing with loads of flavor (via Gimme Some Oven)
Slow Cooker Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
Free up your oven and use your slow cooker! These Thanksgiving recipes and sides will have every bit of flavor as their stove or oven counterpart.
These make-ahead Thanksgiving recipes and sides are great to put together early in the morning before you start your turkey.
- Creamy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese: Only 10 minutes of prep! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes: The easiest way to make them! (via I Heart Naptime)
- Crockpot Creamed Corn: A holiday favorite made simple (via I Heart Naptime)
- Slow Cooker Risotto: A fail-proof way to make risotto (via I Heart Naptime)
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes: Turn out perfect every time (via Dinner Then Dessert)
- Crockpot Thanksgiving Stuffing: Frees up more oven space (via A Spicy Perspective)
- Candied Sweet Potato Casserole: Easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser (via Creme de la Crumb)
Which ones of these delicious Thanksgiving side dishes will you make this year? I can’t wait to load up my plate!