Turkey and Avocado Toast – this toast recipe is made with wholesome ingredients like whole grain bread, creamy avocado, and delicious slow roasted turkey breast. Ready in just minutes, this toast is a smart option that fits into a healthy lifestyle. It’s the perfect savory breakfast for busy mornings.
Turkey and avocados have to be one of my favorite flavor combinations right now. The creaminess of the avocado pairs so well with roasted turkey flavor. I love recipes that are made with just a few simple delicious ingredients and this turkey and avocado toast is definitely my new favorite. I love making this recipe on mornings when I won’t be eating lunch for awhile. This toast is satisfying and the best part is that it takes just minutes to make.
I love the textures of all the ingredients in this turkey and avocado toast. You get a nice crunch from the whole grain toast, creaminess from the avocado, smokiness from the slow roasted turkey breast, and a nice spice kick of crushed red pepper flakes and ground black pepper to amp up the flavor. Oscar Mayer Selects Natural deli meats contain no artificial ingredients, preservatives, flavors, colors, no added hormones, no by-products, and no gluten. It simply tastes amazing!
Start by toasting one piece of whole grain bread either in a toaster or on the stove. While the bread is toasting, cut one avocado in half. Scoop out one of the halves and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado. I like to leave some chunky pieces for a nice bite. Squeeze one lemon slice over the avocado. This will prevent the avocado from browning and it also adds a nice acidic flavor.
Use a knife to spread the mashed avocado onto the piece of toasted whole grain bread. Sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
Add 2 oz which is one serving of Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast onto the toast. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Sink your teeth in and enjoy!
This post was brought to you by Oscar Mayer #spon
Turkey and Avocado Toast
- 2 ounces Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Toast whole grain bread in either a toaster or on the stove. While the bread is toasting, cut avocado in half and place one half in a bowl.
- Mash the halved avocado with a fork leaving bit size pieces. Squeezed the juice from 1 lemon wedge into the avocado. Use a knife and spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted whole grain bread slice. Add salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Place 2 oz of Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast on top of the toast. Top with ground black pepper to taste.