Adorable Valentine Chocolate Hearts with a Reese’s inside! Make these with the kids or for your special Valentine!
Can you believe Valentine’s Day is only a month away? I thought it was only fitting to share a Valentine treat with you. One of my husband’s favorite candy is Reese’s peanut butter cups. Especially the shaped ones. I don’t know what it is about the shaped ones, but for some reason they just taste better. I thought about just giving him a big bag of those, with a few of his favorite things… but then I thought it would be more fun to dress them up a bit. It was also a fun activity for me to do with the kids on their snow day.
These were super easy to make and make the most adorable little Valentine treats. Everyone LOVES them even as simple as they are. They are also pleasently surprised when they bite into them and find out there is a yummy Reese’s inside.
You could write little messages, draw hearts or different patterned designs. I placed the leftover chocolate inside a pastry bag with a Decorating tip #1. You could also use a squeeze bottle with a small tip.
If the chocolate has begun to harden, simply place in warm water.
So there you have it. A cute and EASY Valentine treat! Perfect for all you Reese’s lovers out there! ;)
Looking for more Reese’s recipes? You’ll love these too:
This post is brought to you by REESE’S
Valentine Chocolate Hearts
- 10 ounces 10 ounce package Reese’s peanut butter filled hearts, unwrapped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate for melting
- Food coloring
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper onto a large baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe for 1 minute. Stir, and then cook in 15 seconds increments until the chocolate is smooth. You can also melt the chocolate with a double broiler.
- Stir in desired colors.
- Place the Reese’s into the chocolate, then pick up with a fork. Tap on the side of the bowl with the fork and then slide onto the wax paper with a tooth pick. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until it has hardened.
- Place the chocolate into a pastry bag with the frosting tip (I used the decorating tip #1) or a squeeze bottle.. Draw words or designs onto the chocolate hearts and then allow to set.
- Enjoy! :D