This homemade vanilla sugar scrub takes only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make! So simple and will leave your skin silky-smooth.
Have you ever made a homemade sugar scrub before? I make them every winter. My hands get so dry, so I’ll rub the scrub on them every few days to exfoliate and help moisturize them. The brown sugar scrub, peppermint scrub and lemon sugar scrub are also some of my favorites.
This vanilla sugar scrub would make the perfect homemade gift for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day! All you need is 3 simple ingredients: coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. You can add the roses for a pop of color and extra scent too.
How to make vanilla sugar scrub
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe and you probably already have everything you need in your pantry. I added some roses as well for color, but you definitely can leave them out.
- Mix: It really is as simple as mixing sugar, melted coconut oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Customize: You can change the smell by adding in the roses, honey, or essential oils.
- Store in an airtight container for maximum results. If you want the scrub softer, add an extra Tablespoon or two of coconut oil.
Enter your info below to download the pink tags for the jars.
I finished off the gift with a simple ribbon and it was ready to go in no time at all!
More homemade gift ideas
Vanilla sugar body scrub recipe
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil ,melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract , more if desired
Optional: 1 Tablespoon honey, rose petals
- Combine the sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium size bowl or food processor. Mix together until well combined (you may need to use your hands). Add honey or chopped rose petals if desired. Add more coconut oil if needed.
- Store in an air tight container.
Homemade sugar scrubs make such a great and inexpensive gift.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try it out :)