This crockpot wassail is the perfect warm drink to serve at any holiday party. Filled with just 5 simple ingredients and easily comes together in the crockpot.
Table of Contents
Homemade Wassail Recipe
Now that winter is here, the air is crisp and I can’t help but want something warm to drink. I’m not a coffee drinker, so homemade hot chocolate and apple cider are my go to’s. And what’s not to love about a warm fresh wassail?
The best part about this wassail recipe is that it only takes 5 ingredients to make and is made right in your slow cooker. It not only tastes like Christmas, but it makes your home smell like it too. Seriously, so yummy. After it’s done, I’ll usually leave it out for awhile so it can spread the delicious smell throughout my home.
The thing I love most about this wassail drink is that you can make it a few hours before your party and it’s ready when you are. You can serve it straight from the slow cooker into mugs or cups. So many amazing fall and winter flavors!
5 Simple Ingredients
- Apple juice: The base of this recipe starts with a half gallon of apple juice.
- Orange juice: Then 2 cups of orange juice is added in for some fresh citrus flavor.
- Cinnamon sticks: Throw in 2 cinnamon sticks to add some warmth and spice.
- Cloves: This is a quintessential holiday spice. A little goes a long way, so stick with about 1 teaspoon whole cloves.
- Cranberries: I love adding in 1/2 cup fresh cranberries mostly for presentation. The bright pop of red makes it super festive!
How to Make Wassail
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker. You can also add in a few orange and apple slices. You could also add to a pot on the stove and simmer.
- Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Once finished, turn crockpot to warm until ready to serve.
- Ladle into cups and add favorite toppings. Then serve while warm!
Serving + Topping
The best part about this wassail drink is that you can serve is straight from your crockpot. Use a ladle to scoop out the drink and pour into glasses. Below are some helpful tips for serving:
- Add fresh apple and orange slices into the crockpot for more holiday flare and flavor.
- Serve in clear glasses or mugs so that your guests can see all of the beautiful colors.
- Add a cinnamon stick in each glass for more decoration.
- Top with homemade whipped cream and caramel sauce for the ultimate treat.
- Add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top before serving.
Looking for a punch to serve chilled? This Thanksgiving punch recipe is so good with only 3 ingredients!
More Holiday Drinks
- ½ gallon apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- freshly sliced oranges and apples (optional)
Optional: Whipped cream and caramel sauce for topping
- Combine the apple juice, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and cranberries into a large slow cooker. Add a few orange and apple slices if desired. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Turn to the warm setting.
- Ladle into cups and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!