Best homemade playdough recipe
The BEST homemade
– make in less than 5 minutes for under a $1 and have it last for months! It is so soft and squishy and cuts perfectly with cookie cutters.
It is the perfect indoor activity for when it’s raining, too cold or too hot.
- all-purpose flour
- cream of tartar
- lukewarm water
- vegetable oil
1. Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pot. Next add the water and oil. If you’re only making one color, stir in the the color now.
2. Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball. Remove from heat and then place inside a bowl, gallon sized bag or onto wax paper.
3. Allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth. If you’re adding colors after, divide the dough into balls and then add the dough into the quart sized bags.
4. Once it’s all mixed together, you’re ready to PLAY. Store the play dough inside the bags to keep soft. If stored properly it will keep soft for up to 3 months.
Swipe up for more Recipes and tips
Kid’s Trail Mix Recipe
Homemade Slime Recipe