Cinnamon Roll Cookies
This recipe for
cinnamon roll cookies
is simple to make and will have you looking like a total baking rock star. You won’t believe how delicious these cookies are!
This dessert combines two of my favorite sweet treats — cinnamon rolls and sugar cookies. I mean, does it get any better than that?
Ingredients for the cookies:
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the frosting:
- cream cheese - butter - powdered sugar - vanilla extract - milk or cream - cinnamon
1. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla, and mix well.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix until a firm dough forms. Chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the bottom edges are just slightly golden brown.
4. To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Beat until light and fluffy.
5. Pipe onto cooled cookies in a spiral shape. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar. Store in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Swipe up for more Recipes and tips
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Christmas Sugar Cookies
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies