EASY Microwave Caramels
Homemade Microwave Caramels made in 6 minutes with only 5 ingredients! No candy thermometer needed. These will be the easiest candy you will make this holidays!
These Microwave Caramels are soft, chewy and SUPER easy to make! I love pretty much any dessert that has caramel like this
microwave caramel corn
caramel apple pie bar
- salted butter - granulated sugar - corn syrup - condensed milk - vanilla extract - sea salt - pecans
1. Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Run a stick of butter over the top to prevent the caramels from sticking. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large 8-cup microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth. Place in the microwave and cook for six minutes.
3. To test if the caramel is ready, place a spoon into the caramel and then dip into a cup of cold ice water.Then remove from microwave and stir in vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. Add pecans if desired.
4. Pour caramel into prepared pan and allow to set. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. You may place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool them quicker.
5. Cut with a plastic knife and then wrap in wax paper to prevent the caramels from sticking. Enjoy! :)
Swipe up for more Recipes and tips