Peppermint Bark Recipe
Peppermint Bark - Delicious layers of dark and white chocolate topped with pieces of crushed candy canes. Takes only 4 ingredients and is made in just 30 minutes. This peppermint bark recipe is one of the easiest holiday treats!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Chill Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 5 candy canes (or 12 hard peppermint candies)
- 10 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers (or high quality bakers chocolate)
- 10 ounces white melting wafers (or high quality bakers chocolate)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Line a 9x9" baking sheet with foil. Press smooth.
Place the candy canes in a zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin, or place in a food processor or blender.
Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or over a double broiler. Stir until smooth and then pour into pan. Tap dish against the counter to remove any air bubbles. Set aside. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to set (not harden).
Melt the white chocolate. Then add the peppermint extract and mix together. Pour white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate. Tap the dish against the counter to remove any bubbles. Then immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes over top. Gently press them into the white chocolate.
Set aside until chocolate has firmed up (about 30 minutes - 1 hour). Then lift bark out of pan and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- If you are using the Ghirardelli melting wafers, you can melt them in a microwave safe bowl. I always microwave the bowl for one minute at 50% power. Then stir and microwave (at 50% power) in 15 second increments, stirring until smooth.
- You can also melt them in a double broiler if you have one. Simply boil the water, place the double broiler over top and stir the chocolate occasionally until melted.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.6mg