Fried Rice Recipe
Restaurant style fried rice you can make at home in 20 minutes! The perfect way to use up leftover rice sitting in the fridge.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 4 cups cooked rice , long or short grain rice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs , whisked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3-4 Tablespoons lite soy sauce
Optional: S&P and sesame oil, to taste
Place the rice in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
Place butter in a large skillet or wok. Add onion and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes. Then stir in garlic and peas. Push to one side and add the eggs to the skillet. Scramble and then stir together.
Gently stir in cooked rice. Add soy sauce and toss rice to coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash or two of sesame oil if desired.
Adapted from All Recipes.
- 1 1/4 cups of uncooked rice makes 4 cups of cooked rice. Find instructions on how to cook rice here.
- Can add more veggies like mushrooms, chopped broccoli and/or bell peppers.
- To make a meal, add in cooked protein like diced chicken, pork, steak or shrimp.
- Store fried rice in an airtight container and keep in fridge for up to 3 days or in freezer for up to 1 month.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2012IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg