Beef Ramen Recipe
EASY Veggie Beef Ramen - Make your own take out at home with this tasty recipe! This dish is filled with tender steak, crisp vegetables and the perfect sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 cups broccoli , chopped
- 1-2 cups snap peas , cut in half
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 10 ounce flank steak , sliced into bite size pieces
- S&P to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup lite or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces ramen noodles , or lo mein or spaghetti noodles (you can also serve over rice instead)
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
Place the olive oil in a large skillet and warm over medium-heat. Add the vegetables and cook until fork tender, stirring occasionally.
While the vegetables are cooking, start the noodles according to package directions. Don't over cook (I like to cook 2 minutes less than it says, since it will cook an additional minute with the sauce). Also, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and ground ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
Remove veggies to a plate or push to one side of the pan. Add the steak to the pan and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook until tender and no longer pink.
Finally, add in minced garlic. Then push the steak to one side of the pan and pour in sauce. Let simmer for one minute. Add the noodles and cook an additional minute. Serve while hot with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Ways to customize beef ramen:
- Use cubed chicken instead of steak.
- Double the vegetables to make this vegetarian.
- Use pre-packaged stir fry vegetables instead of fresh chopped to save time.
- Add in mushrooms or water chestnuts.
- Instead of mixing in noodles, serve the beef and vegetables over rice with the sauce (we do this often).
- To make healthier, cut the brown sugar in half and serve over brown rice.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 1104mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 4590IU | Vitamin C: 100.2mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg