Winter Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
This cranberry vinaigrette is sweet and tangy and tastes spectacular with sweet oranges and dried cranberries.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 head frisée washed and torn into small pieces
- 1/2 (5 ounces) a 5-oz container mixed greens such as baby red leaf and mache
- 2 oranges peel cut away and segments sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries thawed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
In a serving bowl combine the frisée and baby lettuces. Top with orange segments and dried cranberries.
To make the vinaigrette, combine the thawed cranberries, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and half of the olive oil in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and whisk in remaining olive oil. Serve dressing alongside the salad.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1690IU | Vitamin C: 25.9mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 0.5mg