Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
One-Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder - A delicious and easy Mexican chowder recipe full of flavorful ingredients and is bold and spicy.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning , more to taste
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce , drained (less if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 1/2 can green chiles
- 32 ounce container chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 5 small red potatoes , peeled and diced small
- 2 cups shredded chicken , cooked (I like to use rotisserie)
- 15 ounce can sweet corn , drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese , shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded
Optional Toppings: Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream
In a large dutch-oven or stock pot set over medium-heat, melt butter. Add garlic. When the garlic is fragrant and translucent, sprinkle in salt, pepper and taco seasoning along with the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flour becomes lightly golden. Whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Add in the chipotle and green chilies. Bring to a boil.
Once the mixture is boiling, add potatoes and corn and reduce to medium-heat again. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in chopped chicken and cheese, stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes. Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 676mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1222IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 2mg