One Pot Enchilada Pasta Recipe
This ONE POT cheesy enchilada pasta recipe is so simple and completely delicious. It's done in 30 minutes from start to finish and is a family favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 pound ziti noodles , about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
Optional toppings: tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, cilantro, olives, green onions
Cook the hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in the onions, green chiles and taco seasoning and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in enchilada sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then stir in the noodles and bring the heat to low. Stir and then cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Stir halfway through to prevent the noodles from sticking.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top and cover with the lid until melted.
Top with your favorite toppings.
- Can sub ground turkey for hamburger meat.
- Other types of noodles will work too (rotini, macaroni, penne etc.), however the cooking time may vary. Remove from heat when the noodles are tender.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 2.5mg