Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake Recipe
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake - Filled with ooey gooey caramel and topped with even more caramel, chocolate and nuts. This poke cake recipe is super easy, quick and absolutely delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 15 ounce box devil’s food cake mix , plus ingredients on box
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips , divided
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk caramel , or dulce de leche
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate buttercream frosting , or 1 can
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping , or salted caramel
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Mix the cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake the cake according to the package directions. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then poke holes all over the top with the end of a spoon or butter knife.
Next drizzle the sweetened condensed milk caramel over the cake. If it is too thick, warm in the microwave for 1 minute. Allow the topping to soak into the holes.
Once the cake is at room temperature, carefully top with the chocolate frosting. Then drizzle the caramel on top and add the chopped pecans.
Store in the refrigerator, until serving.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 71mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg