Chicken Enchilada Dip Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip - The most amazing cheese dip you will ever make! Loaded with shredded chicken, cheese, enchilada sauce and flavorful Mexican spices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 8 ounce package cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups cooked shredded chicken , I used rotisserie
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese , divided (monterey jack works too)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro , divided
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
For topping: Chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocado
For serving: Tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray an 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix in the enchilada sauce and stir until well combined. Add in the cooked chicken, green chiles, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 2 Tablespoons cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir just until combined.
Pour the dip mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Then place back in oven to broil for a few minutes until cheese is lightly golden.
Top with remaining 2 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro. Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
- Use rotisserie or cooked canned chicken for convenience.
- Can add in extras like black beans or corn. Simply mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mini Taco Boats: Line a baking sheet with foil and then place the boats on the foil. Fill the boats about 3/4 the way full. Top with cheese and then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Storage: Add dip to an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- To make-ahead: Prepare dip as directed. Cover with foil or saran wrap and place in fridge for up to 24 hours. Before placing in oven to bake, let sit at room temp for about 10 minutes.
- Crockpot version: Place cream cheese, enchilada sauce, chicken, chiles, 3/4 cup cheese, 2 Tablespoons cilantro and taco seasoning in crockpot. Stir together. Cook on low for 1 hour, or until cheese is bubbly. Before serving, add remaining cheese on top and broil for a couple minutes.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 0.8mg