Pizza Pinwheel Recipe
Easy Pizza Pinwheels - Made with fluffy crescent rolls, marinara and all your favorite pizza toppings. The perfect snack or appetizer that's ready in just 20 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 (about 12 pinwheels)
- 1 can refrigerated crescents , or pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara , more as needed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional toppings: pepperoni, bell peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms
For dipping: extra marinara or ranch
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Lightly flour a large wooden cutting board. Roll out dough onto the floured surface, pressing seems together as you go.
Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, to the edges. Top with shredded mozzarella and your choice of pizza toppings.
Roll pizza width-wise (the longest side) and seal the edges. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place pinwheels on the prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake for about 9-11 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
Pizza pinwheel variations:
- For larger pinwheels, roll lengthwise (the shortest side). You’ll want to make sure the fillings are the same for the whole pizza if you choose this method.
- For a cleaner cut, freeze the pinwheel roll for about 10-15 minutes before slicing. This helps preserve their shape!
- Pepperoni: Pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni
- Veggie: Pizza sauce, mozzarella, chopped veggies of choice
- BBQ chicken: BBQ sauce, chicken, mozzarella, red onion
- Alfredo: Alfredo or white pizza sauce, mozzarella, chicken
- Pesto: Pesto sauce, mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes
- Buffalo: Buffalo sauce, mozzarella, chicken, ranch
Serving: 3pinwheels | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1.2mg