Churro Cupcake Recipe
Churro Cupcakes - Moist cinnamon sugar cupcakes topped with a rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting. All of the delicious flavors of a Mexican churro in cupcake form!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg , at room temp
- 1/2 cup salted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 5 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup salted butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Whisk the egg yolks and egg white in a large bowl and then mix in softened butter, sour cream and vanilla until combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir ingredients and then combine with the wet ingredients. Mix together for about one minute, or until smooth.
Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes clean. Do not over bake! Allow cupcakes to cool.
- I used an extra large round tip to frost my churro cupcakes. Check out this easy step-by-step tutorial for extra instructions on how to easily frost a cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with a mini churro for an extra special touch.
- Can drizzle with caramel sauce (or dulce de leche) before serving.
- To make into a cake: This recipe can be made into a cake if preferred. Simply use two 9-inch circle cake pans and bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
- Mini cupcakes: Add batter to mini cupcake pan and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 636IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg