Southwest Pasta Salad Recipe
Southwest Pasta Salad - Easy, healthy and full of Mexican flavors! Tossed in a delicious and creamy avocado lime dressing.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 13.25 ounce box penne pasta
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 11 ounce can corn , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 orange bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 3 green onions , sliced
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes , halved
Avocado Lime Dressing:
- 2 avocados , pitted and halved
- 3 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 Tablespoons fat free plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a large bowl. Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, green onions, and cherry tomatoes. Toss.
To make dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine avocados, green onions, garlic, cumin, Greek yogurt, lime juice, milk and taco seasoning. Pulse until combined and creamy. If too thick, add a little more milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve southwest pasta salad either by drizzling with dressing (as shown) or toss to coat pasta and veggies. Enjoy!
- Can use other dressings like ranch, cilantro lime or chipotle.
- To make ahead: Mix all ingredients together and toss in the avocado lime dressing to evenly coat the pasta and veggies. Cover with plastic wrap or lid and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- To store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Sometimes I save a little extra of the dressing and mix it in before enjoying again so that the pasta doesn't dry out.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 290mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1.6mg