Taco Lettuce Wraps
Taco Lettuce Wraps - A healthy, flavorful and delicious alternative to hard shell tacos. Plus they're paleo, Whole30 and gluten-free!
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , omit if you don’t like spice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup salsa
For serving: Lettuce cups or taco shells
Optional toppings: pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream, cheese
In a large frying pan, saute the onion and bell peppers in the oil over medium-heat. Once onions are translucent, add ground beef and brown. Remove any grease.
Mix in salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salsa. Let simmer for a couple minutes and then serve the taco meat inside a lettuce wrap or taco cup.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Can use lean ground beef or ground turkey.
- Omit the chili powder if you aren't a huge fan of spice.
- I love to double my taco meat and freeze half for a busy weeknight. Check out how I freeze mine in this post.
- Can use hard taco shells if preferred.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 543mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.9mg