Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse - Perfectly light, creamy and full of fresh strawberries. Quick to whip up and great for entertaining!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 graham crackers)
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar , divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh strawberries , pureed to make about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh strawberries for garnish
For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter and sugar. The press mixture into a small baking dish (I used a pie plate) and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove and let cool.
For the strawberry mousse: Whip the cream in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat in two Tablespoons of powdered sugar and set aside.In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until smooth, then add the vanilla. Mix in the strawberry puree until evenly distributed. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
To assemble and serve: Crumble the graham cracker crust into the bottom of the serving cups or dishes. Top with strawberry mousse and garnish with fresh strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To refrigerate: Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in fridge 2-3 days.
- To freeze: The texture of the mousse may change a little when freezing- but it will still taste yummy. Add to an airtight container and store in freezer for about 1-2 months. When ready to enjoy, let thaw on counter until no longer frozen.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 915IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 0.7mg