Mint Brownie Recipe
Fudgy mint brownies topped with a mint buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache. The most incredible dessert that's perfect for chocolate lovers!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time2 hrs 40 mins
- 18 ounce box brownie mix , plus ingredients on box
- 10 thin mint cookies or mint Oreos , chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped andes mints for topping
Make brownie mix according to package. Fold in mint cookies if desired and pour into a greased 9×9 pan. Bake according to package directions. Check to make sure a toothpick comes clean. Once your brownies are done, let them cool for about an hour.
In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, cream, peppermint extract and green food coloring until fluffy. Spread mint frosting over cooled brownies with a spatula. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
To make the chocolate ganache, combine butter and chocolate chips and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth and then pour over green frosting and spread evenly by tipping pan from side to side. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.
- Line your pan with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Add a few pieces of chopped mint cookies on top of brownie batter right before baking.
- The green food coloring is optional – feel free to omit if desired.
- Instead of the chocolate ganache, you could drizzle over melted chocolate.
- You could skip the ganache and top frosting with some extra chopped cookies.
- Let bars sit at room temp for 5-10 minutes prior to cutting to keep from cracking.
- To cut: Use a sharp knife to cut brownies into squares. For cleaner cuts, wipe the knife off with a paper towel each time you make a cut.
- Storage: Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Cut into squares, then wrap each square in foil or plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container or freezer bag and store in freezer for 2-3 months.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1.5mg