Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowl - A quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love! Topped with a delicious teriyaki sauce and served with steamed vegetables, this teriyaki chicken is a yummy dinner recipe that tastes better than the take-out!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup truvia sweetener)
- 1 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced or put through a garlic press)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or more because this recipe makes a lot of sauce!)
- 12 oz pre-cut fresh stir-fry vegetables, steamed (about 1 bag, frozen would work too)
- 24 oz steamed rice (white or brown)
- sesame seeds for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 425º F. In a small saucepan over low heat, mix the cornstarch, water, sugar (or Truvia), soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes, stirring until thickened.
Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of pan and pour teriyaki sauce over chicken. Cover pan with foil.
Baked covered for 25 minutes and then take the foil off and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside (165 degrees).
Meanwhile, have your rice steaming in a rice cooker and cook your stir fry vegetables. Take chicken out and let cool while you prepare the teriyaki chicken bowl. Add rice to the bottom of the bowls, then a layer of vegetables. Slice up your chicken and layer on top. Drizzle with remaining teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 2299mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 2905IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2.2mg