This homemade stromboli recipe is filled with cheesy layers of pizza goodness! Easy, quick and sure to be a family favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 batch pizza dough , homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce , more for dipping
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices salami
- 5-6 slices deli honey ham
- 12-16 slices pepperoni
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
Optional add in's: sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Roll the dough out into a large rectangle (about 10x14"). Spread the pizza sauce on top, leaving a 2-inch border around the perimeter.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. Then add the sliced salami, ham and pepperoni. Add in any other vegetables if desired.
Brush the edges of the dough with the egg. Then roll up the dough like a jelly roll. Pinch the edges together and tuck under. Brush the top of the dough with the egg wash. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and then evenly sprinkle the garlic powder over top. Gently cut slats into the top every 2 inches.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice to make sure the middle is cooked. Pop in the oven another 5 minutes if it needs. Cover the top with foil if it browns too fast.
- Here's my favorite pizza dough (I just make half for this recipe).
- Here's my favorite pizza sauce.
- I also love the pizza dough from Trader Joe's. You can also use a can of refrigerated pizza dough. I prefer the Pillsbury brand.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1450mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 3mg