Green Enchilada Recipe
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - Creamy, cheesy and full of flavor! This recipe is absolutely to-die-for...better than a Mexican restaurant! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any occasion!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (omit if you don't like things too spicy, add more if you do)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chiles (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (more if you'd like extra creamy)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 14 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2-1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- cilantro (optional)
Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, garlic, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, lime and diced green chiles in a medium sized bowl. Stir until combined.
Spoon 2-3 tbsps into each tortilla and roll it up. Place a little green enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 dish and then put the tortillas in.
Pour the rest of the green enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 more minutes, until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Allow to cool and enjoy! Top with fresh cilantro if desired.
Looking for an easy shredded chicken recipe? Click here.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 375IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1.8mg