Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas – Creamy, cheesy and full of flavor! This recipe is absolutely to-die-for…better than a Mexican restaurant! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any occasion!
Creamy green chile chicken enchiladas…cheesy, full of flavor and super satisfying! Believe me when I say these are SO GOOD! This green enchilada recipe is an absolute favorite on our list and is requested by anyone who tries it. They even taste better than the green chili enchiladas that I order at my favorite Mexican restaurant. We make these green enchiladas at least once a month at our house…sometimes even 2 or 3 times because we love them so much!
Green Enchilada Recipe
I updated an older recipe of mine to make the green enchiladas creamier and it worked perfectly! I love how this recipe turned out…the green chili enchiladas have the perfect combination of flavors! They do have a little kick to them, so make sure to omit the chili powder and cumin if you don’t like spicy foods. This green enchilada recipe is so simple and makes the perfect dish to serve at any occasion!
Ways to Modify the Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Use leftover shredded pork or beef in place of chicken
- Add black beans or corn
- Mix in your favorite veggies, such as peppers or zucchini
- Swap out the flour tortilla with whole wheat or gluten-free
Looking for more Mexican meals? Try These:
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- Easy Shredded Chicken (Crock Pot or Instant Pot)
- Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
Green Enchilada Recipe
- 8-10 flour or corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (omit if you don't like things too spicy, add more if you do)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chiles (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (more if you'd like extra creamy)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 14 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 1/2-1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- cilantro (optional)
- Combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, garlic, chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, lime and diced green chiles in a medium sized bowl. Stir until combined.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsps into each tortilla and roll it up. Place a little green enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 dish and then put the tortillas in.
- Pour the rest of the green enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 more minutes, until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Allow to cool and enjoy! Top with fresh cilantro if desired.