Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
Creamy tomato tortellini soup topped with fresh parmesan and basil. An easy 30-minute meal that the whole family will love!
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 21 ounces condensed tomato soup (2 cans)
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9-16 ounce package cheese tortellini
- S&P to taste
Optional: 2-3 cups baby spinach, freshly grated parmesan, chopped basil
In large pot or skillet, warm the tomato soup, water and half and half over medium-heat. Add in all of the seasonings and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Then add in tortellini and simmer another 10 minutes, or until cooked and tender. If adding spinach, stir in and allow to cook for one minute.
Ladle the soup into bowls and add parmesan cheese and basil if desired. Enjoy while warm!
- I usually use a 9 ounce package of spinach and cheese tortellini. If you prefer more tortellini to soup, add in a 16 ounce package. If you prefer more soup, then add in 1/2 cup more water.
- If you'd like the soup creamier, add in another 1/2 cup half and half or 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 638IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg