Over the weekend my son helped me make these cute and delicious clover rice krispie treats. I made these with my mom as a little girl and thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition. My mom always went all out for Saint Patrick’s Day. Everything was magically GREEN! Her secret weapon: food coloring. Little did we know! ;)
You can find natural food dies at whole food stores or Trader Joe’s. They work great!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Clover rice krispie treats
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows (make sure they’re soft)
- 5 cups rice krispies
- green food coloring
- sprinkles (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat in a large sauce pan. Once butter is melted add in marshmallows and continue to stir until the marshmallows have melted.
- Add in food coloring and stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Stir until the cereal is coated.
- Place rice krispie treats in a buttered 9×13 pan. Press down on the treats with a buttered spatula.
- For the shamrocks, place a little bit of butter around the edges of the cookie cutter, then push down on the rice krispies. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
You could make these for any holiday! So many possibilites. Enjoy! :D
Looking for more Saint Patrick’s Day ideas? You’ll love these:
50 BEST Saint Patricks Day crafts and recipes
These are such a fun and easy treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
I put a little oil on the bottom of a flat drinking glass to help press the mixture into the dish, works great.
I need to make this for my son’s bday in 2 weeks time, how well do they keep in warm weather? I’m live in a tropical country.. Or I could keep them in fridge would that be an option? Thank you in advance
These are great warm weather treats! You should be good without any refrigeration. :)
Such a cute idea!! I just had to feature this fun recipe in my blog post today for “20 Amazing Desserts for St. Patrick’s Day!” Here is the link, I hope you can stop by and visit! http://returntothetable.net/recipes/20-amazing-desserts-for-st-patricks-day/
Thanks for the feature Michelle! Xo!
So cute! My kids would love this! We are doing lucky charms rice krispie treats this year! My kids are obsessed with Lucky Charms. Who isn’t? ;)
How fun! My kids are obsessed too…but only seem to eat the marshmallows inside! ;)
So cute and kid friendly! My kids and I did a Shamrock Sundae Station for St. Paddy’s day this week!