These are the absolute BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! Soft, moist and loaded with fresh pumpkin flavor and sweet chocolate chips. This is one of my most requested recipes and gets rave reviews!
This pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe is one of my most popular fall desserts. My family is always requesting that I make these, as well as pumpkin blondies, cream cheese pumpkin roll, pumpkin snickerdoodles and pumpkin whoopie pies.
Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
These are hands down THE BEST pumpkin chocolate chip cookies out there! I make them all the time in the fall and am frequently getting requests for the recipe. Everyone always raves about them!
These chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are so soft, moist and have the perfect light and fluffy texture. They are full of fresh pumpkin flavor and loaded with sweet chocolate chips. Every bite is absolute heaven. They will definitely become your new favorite!
How do you make soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
These easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies take only 25 minutes to make….doesn’t get any easier than that! Just follow the steps below to get started and scroll down for the printable pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe and video tutorial.
To make pumpkin cookie batter:
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Next add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir until combined.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
To bake pumpkin cookies:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop pumpkin cookie batter onto the parchment paper by the spoonful, about 2 inches apart. I like to add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops as well.
- Bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
Frequently asked questions about chocolate chip pumpkin cookies
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Sure! If using fresh pumpkin puree, I’d recommend draining some of the liquid out first with a paper towel. Fresh pumpkin tends to hold more water than canned pumpkin. So be prepared for moister cookies!
Can I double the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe? Definitely! If doubled, it’ll make about 4-6 dozen pumpkin cookies. Plus, you’ll be able to use up the whole can of pumpkin this way. :)
Can I use a replacement for vegetable oil? Yes. I prefer vegetable oil, but others have tried apple sauce and coconut oil and have said they’ve turned out great!
Can I refrigerate the dough overnight before baking? Sure. The texture changes a little bit, but they are still delicious!
Can I freeze the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies? I haven’t frozen the dough myself, but others have and said the cookies turned out great! The frozen dough takes a little longer to bake, so I’d add on 3-5 more minutes when baking. You can also freeze the cookies once baked. Just store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Optional add-ins for pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe
The BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (can sub with canola oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice (add an extra 1/2 teaspoon if you like spice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop cookies on by the spoonful about 2 inches apart. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops if desired. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.