These are the absolute BEST pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Soft, moist and loaded with fresh pumpkin flavor and sweet chocolate chips. This is one of my most requested recipes and gets rave reviews.
Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
While I have so many fall favorites to bake every year, these are hands down on my list every year. They are THE BEST pumpkin chocolate chip cookies out there! I make them all the time in the fall and am frequently getting requests for the recipe. Everyone always raves about them.
These chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are so soft, moist and have the perfect light and fluffy texture. They are full of fresh pumpkin flavor and loaded with sweet chocolate chips. Every bite is absolute heaven. They will definitely become your new favorite pumpkin recipe!
For the absolute best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, follow these easy baking tips below.
- Don’t overmix the batter so the cookies keep their soft and fluffy texture. Mix the batter until you see a little flour left, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop. This is definitely a softer dough that is a bit sticky to the touch, so using a scoop is super helpful and gives them that round cookie shape.
- Press extra chocolate chips on the tops of the dough right before going into the oven. Not only does it make the cookies look extra pretty, but you’ll have more chocolaty goodness in each bite.
- For a softer cookie you can dissolve the baking soda with a teaspoon of milk and stir into the wet ingredients (instead of adding to the dry ingredients).
- Add in extras like chopped nuts or an additional teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for a bolder pumpkin flavor.
5 star review
“These are hands down the BEST pumpkin chocolate chip cookies EVER. Easy to make, store well and oh, so delicious. Make them now! You WILL NOT regret it, I promise.”-Nichola R.
Sure! If using fresh pumpkin puree, I’d recommend draining some of the liquid out first with a paper towel. Fresh pumpkin tends to hold more water than canned pumpkin. So be prepared for moister cookies!
Definitely! If doubled, it’ll make about 4-6 dozen cookies. Plus, you’ll be able to use up the whole can of pumpkin this way. :)
Yes. I prefer vegetable oil, but others have tried cooking substitutions like apple sauce and coconut oil and have said they’ve turned out great!
Storing + Freezing
Once they have baked and cooled, store the cookies in a covered container for up to 4 days. The longer they sit, the more flavor they develop. I might even argue that they taste even better the next day.
You may also freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let thaw on the counter until no longer frozen.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies (a family favorite)
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles with white chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (soft & chewy)
- Pumpkin Blondies (a personal favorite)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree , canned
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil , can sub with canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice , add an extra teaspoon if you like extra spice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips , I like to mix semi-sweet and milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix just until you see a little flour left. Finally stir in chocolate chips and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful about 2 inches apart, or use a medium cookie scoop. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops if desired. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean and the bottoms are lightly brown. Check one and bake for 1-2 more minutes if the center is not quite done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.