The perfect crepe recipe -SO easy to make and completely delicious! The best part about these is they can be made right in your blender. Not only are these great for breakfast, but dessert too!
These are in my opinion the best crepe recipe. I’ve tried so many different crepe recipes over the years and have finally created the perfect crepe recipe. The batter allows you to get the thin crepe without them breaking. Crepes are great for breakfast or dessert (sometimes we’ll even do them for dinner)! You can even make them savory. One of our favorites is adding scrambled eggs and bacon inside. YUM!
How to make crepes
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and flour. Mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 8 inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve. Here’s a video if you want to see how to flip (skip to the middle).
These crepes are super easy to make and everyone always loves them. They also freeze well, so feel free to double the batch! Here are some of my favorite things to fill them with.
- Nutella, peanut butter and bananas
- Ricotta or mascarpone with fresh berries
- Dulce de leche
- Brie with sweet honey
- Peaches and cream
- Brown sugar apples
- Sautéed vegetables and eggs
- Caprese (mozzarella, tomato and basil)
- Ham and cheese
The best thing about crepes is you can customize them with all your favorite toppings and go savory or sweet.
For more breakfast recipes:
Perfect crepe recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour sifted
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds).
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto a 8 inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruit, jams, pudding, nutella, whipped topping and nuts are a few of our favorites.
My favorite way to eat crepes is with a little nutella, bananas and berries! Oh and can’t forget the cream on top!
This weekend I decided to try making another fun version of crepes. Kulfi is a much loved frozen Indian dessert, so I thought it would taste great inside of a French crepe. I made a very simple recipe to achieve the same flavor. Just mix these 3 ingredients below together and then spread inside your crepe. The flavor combination is phenomenal! Seriously!
Kulfi frozen dessert
- 3/4 cup ice cream
- 1 Tablespoon crushed pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
So let’s hear it … what’s your favorite way to eat crepes?