Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pumpkins – a quick, easy, and delicious fall snack! Three ingredients and 10 minutes is all you need to make these adorable pretzel pumpkins!
One of my favorite treats is chocolate covered pretzels. We thought it would be fun to make a pumpkin version for fall/Thanksgiving. My kids loved helping me with these and thought they were so fun to make. I even have a video to show you how easy they are. We will be making some more of these to take with us to the Thanksgiving feast at preschool and my daughter cannot wait! They would also be adorable packaged up with a grateful tag and twine.
So super and adorable and easy, right?!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pumpkins
- 1 cup White chocolate melting wafers
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- chocolate chips , for stems
- orange and green food coloring
- orange sprinkles optional
Supplies: Fork and tooth picks
- Line wax paper on the counter and gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Place the white chocolate in a medium size bowl. Then place in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and then cook in 15 second increments until the chocolate is melted. You could also use a double broiler. It should be smooth and creamy. Place 2 Tablespoons of the melted chocolate in a small bowl and add the green food coloring. Then mix the orange food coloring into the medium size bowl.
- Dip the pretzels into the chocolate and then use a fork to lift the pretzel out. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to release any extra chocolate. Place pretzel onto the wax paper and use a toothpick to help slide off the fork.
- Add the chocolate chip to the top of the pretzel for the stem and top with sprinkles if desired. Then dip a toothpick into the green frosting and add a little line at the top for the vine.
- Allow to harden. Store in a covered container.