This delicious and easy pasta salad is a potluck must-have! Filled with pasta, veggies and Italian dressing. This really is the best pasta salad out there!
There’s always a cold pasta salad at every potluck. It’s one of those sides that everyone loves and looks forward to. If you’re looking for more potluck favorites, check out my broccoli salad with bacon, cucumber tomato salad, ramen noodle cabbage salad, southwest cornbread salad and honey lime fruit salad.
When it comes to potluck side dishes, cold pasta salad is a must! It’s always a hit with the crowd and is so simple to throw together. Plus the leftovers taste delicious all week long (that is, if there are any!).
I got this easy recipe from my mother in law and changed a few things up to make it my own. It’s made with just noodles, veggies and Italian dressing. I mean, does it get more simple than that?!
Simply throw in your favorite extras to make it your own and dig in! Trust me, this is a dish that your whole family will love. It really is a favorite around our house!
How to make pasta salad
- Prepare noodles. Cook noodles according to package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine ingredients. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add dressing and chill. Pour Italian dressing on top and sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with parmesan cheese if desire.
Can you make it the night before?
Yes, you can definitely make this recipe the night before. The longer it marinates in the fridge, the more flavor it will have! I love to make it ahead of time and then when ready to serve, I’ll add fresh chopped parsley and some parmesan cheese. Delicious!
How long will it keep in the refrigerator?
The beauty of this cold pasta salad is that it will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days. Leftovers are perfect to enjoy throughout the week and make an amazing side dish for so many lunches or dinners.
What main dish goes with it?
Our favorite main dish to serve with pasta salad is grilled meat! Whether it’s hamburgers, chicken or steak, they all taste delicious alongside the pasta. For lunch we like to serve it with sandwiches, such as an egg salad sandwich, grilled caprese sandwich or chicken caesar wrap. Yum!
More potluck salads you’ll love:
- Tortellini Italian pasta salad
- Chicken caesar pasta salad
- Pesto chicken pasta salad
- Orzo salad with vinaigrette
- Greek pasta salad
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound box tri-color rotini noodles
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion , sliced
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 8 ounces small mozzarella balls
- 1 cup Italian dressing or vinaigrette , more if desired
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or basil , chopped
Optional add ins: chick peas, snap peas, shredded parmesan cheese, chopped salami, fresh parsley or basil
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour Italian dressing over the top and sprinkle with fresh parsley or basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Fresh cherry tomatoes are my favorite. Topped with Italian dressing…mmm. Don’t you just want to take a bite?!