Light and flavorful asparagus pasta that’s loaded with fresh ingredients and a delicious cheese sauce. This is the perfect pasta dish for summer!
We make asparagus all the time in the summer and this is another delicious way to enjoy it. The fresh flavors from the vegetables pair perfectly with the pasta and taste so delicious. It’s an easy 30-minute meal that you’ll definitely want to try out!
One of my favorite pasta dishes to make during the summer time is asparagus pasta. I love the fresh flavors and the extra crunch that the asparagus adds. I also love the flavor from the charred and juicy tomatoes. It’s a great way to use up produce from your garden or extra produce in the fridge…just add your favorite veggies in with the asparagus and you’ll have a delicious pasta dish in no time.
The light sauce that the crème fraîche and parmesan cheese creates for this pasta is also amazing. It’s the perfect addition and really ties the dish together. If you don’t want to pick up the crème fraîche, you can add more parmesan cheese in it’s place. It will taste just as delicious. :)
- Pasta: My favorite to use is linguine, although penne or rotini would work too.
- Chicken: I like to add chicken to bulk up the dish and add some protein. Shrimp would also taste delicious.
- Veggies: You can add in as many or little vegetables as you’d like. Sometimes I’ll toss in broccoli, mushrooms or chopped red bell peppers.
- Cheese: I added in crème fraîche and parmesan cheese to make the light sauce. You can add in more parmesan in place of the crème fraîche if you’d like.
- Oils and seasonings: What I like about this recipe is that there aren’t a ton of oils and seasonings required…just olive oil, lemon pepper, butter, garlic and lemon juice.
How to make asparagus pasta
- Cook the pasta according to directions, then drain and set aside.
- Season and sear the chicken in a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Saute the asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes, then add in tomatoes and garlic. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Add the pasta and chicken back in to the pan, then mix in the creme fraiche and parmesan cheese. Stir in the lemon juice until creamy.
- Top with more shaved parmesan and fresh parsley if desired.
More delicious pasta dishes:
- Easy alfredo sauce
- Cheesy baked ziti
- Creamy rigatoni pasta
- The best bolognese sauce
- Creamy chicken pasta
Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 10 ounces asparagus (ends broken off)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (can also sub with parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (more to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Optional seasonings: S&P, chopped parsley or basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tablespoon oil over medium heat. Place the chicken into the pan and season with lemon pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and then add the asparagus. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add in the tomatoes and garlic. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Add the pasta and chicken back to the pan. Then mix in the crème fraîche and parmesan cheese. Add the lemon juice and then stir until creamy. Top with more parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!