Over the weekend my son helped me make these cute and delicious clover rice krispie treats. I made these with my mom as a little girl and thought it would be fun to carry on the tradition. My mom always went all out for Saint Patrick’s Day. Everything was magically GREEN! Her secret weapon: food coloring. Little did we know! ;)
You can find natural food dies at whole food stores or Trader Joe’s. They work great!
Shamrock rice krispie treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (make sure they're soft)
- 5 cups rice krispies
- Green food coloring
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat in a large sauce pan. Once butter is melted add in marshmallows and continue to stir until the marshmallows have melted.
- Add in food coloring and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies. Stir until the cereal is coated.
- Place rice krispie treats in a buttered 9x13 pan. Press down on the treats with a buttered spatula.
- For the shamrocks, place a little bit of butter around the edges of the cookie cutter, then push down on the rice krispies.
- Place shamrocks on wax paper. Enjoy!
You could make these for any holiday! So many possibilites. Enjoy! :D
Looking for more Saint Patrick’s Day ideas? You’ll love these:
50 BEST Saint Patricks Day crafts and recipes
Pot of gold printables
St Patricks clover treats
Skittles pot of gold craft