One Pot Burrito Bowls Recipe – Easy and delicious one pot meal! This dinner recipe is made in one pot in 30 minutes…making clean up a breeze. Perfect for busy week nights!
This burrito bowl recipe is one of our favorite one pot dinners. It’s easy, quick and is loaded with flavor. You really can’t beat it! Some of our other go-to one pot dinners are goulash, enchilada pasta, chicken and rice and caprese pasta.
If you’ve been a long time reader, it’s no surprise that I’m a big fan of Mexican food. Some of my favorites include my green enchiladas, taco soup and chicken taco bowls. These one pot burrito bowls have now been added to the list! If you like my taco soup recipe, you will love this recipe. I used many of the same ingredients, but added rice to make the famous burrito bowl. It is so good!
The best part about this burrito bowl recipe is that it only uses one pot and 30 minutes to make. My whole family loved it! Definitely put it on the menu this week and let me know how you like it. It’s one of the best one pot dinners ever!
What goes in a burrito bowl?
These burrito bowls are loaded with ground beef, rice, black beans, cheese, fresh tomatoes, and cilantro! Some of the best flavors. The chunky salsa and green chiles give it a little kick. Yum!
- Seasonings: Chili powder, taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetables: Red bell pepper, sweet onions, corn and diced green chiles
- Legumes: We used black beans, but pinto beans would work too
- Tomatoes: Diced tomatoes and Thick n’ Chunky Salsa
- Rice: Jasmine rice, uncooked (or add in precooked rice at the end and stir)
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar jack is our go-to cheese to use for this recipe
- Meat: Our preference is lean hamburger, but you can substitute chicken if preferred
- Liquid: We used chicken stock, but vegetable broth works too
How to make burrito bowls
Scroll down for the printable burrito bowl recipe and video tutorial.
- Saute onions/peppers and brown hamburger. In a large pan over medium-heat, heat the olive oil. Saute onions and red peppers, then add in hamburger and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, jasmine rice, taco seasoning and chili powder. Pour in chicken stock and bring to light bowl.
- Cover and cook. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is all the way cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Once done, S&P to taste.
- Add favorite toppings and serve! Top with favorite toppings and serve over lettuce in a salad bowl.
Quick tips for burrito bowl recipe
- Feel free to sub hamburger with ground turkey or chicken (dice into 1-inch cubes).
- If you’d like to make this a vegetarian recipe, simply omit the meat. You could add in more beans or veggies if preferred.
- Sometimes I use cooked rice instead of adding in jasmine rice. If using cooked rice, stir into burrito bowl mixture at very end.
- Serve over lettuce in a salad bowl and eat with tortilla chips. Or mix to top over nachos or place in a tortilla to make burritos.
- We love using leftovers to make stuffed bell peppers or add to a taco salad.
One Pot Burrito Bowls
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/3 cup Medium Thick n’ Chunky Salsa
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn , drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , use 1-2 tsp if you like more spice
- 2 cups chicken stock , or vegetable broth works too
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- S&P to taste
Optional Toppings: Sour cream, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes, guacamole or sliced avocados, jalapenos or hot sauce
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions and red peppers. Add in hamburger and cook until browned. Drain grease.
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, jasmine rice, taco seasoning and chili powder. Pour in chicken stock and then bring to a light boil. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is all the way cooked.
- When rice is done, S&P to taste. Top with your favorite toppings. We like to serve over lettuce in a salad bowl and eat with tortilla chips. You can also use this mix to top over nachos or place in a tortilla to make burritos. We love using the leftovers to make stuffed bell peppers as well.