These copycat PF Chang’s lettuce wraps taste just like the real deal! Make this easy takeout recipe in just 20 minutes in the comfort of your own home.
I get a craving for Chinese food every couple of weeks. And instead of ordering out each time, I’ve learned how to make a few of my favorites at home. These chicken lettuce wraps were an instant winner, as well as my General Tso’s chicken, sweet and sour chicken and orange chicken. So delicious!
Whenever we go to PF Chang’s, I always order the chicken lettuce wraps and edamame for an appetizer. They are so GOOD! A few years ago I discovered how to make them at home and love adding these in our monthly meal rotations. This is an easy take out recipe you can make at home in less than 20 minutes. It comes together super quick in just one pan!
The chicken filling is super delicious and you can add more or less of each ingredient to taste. Don’t skimp on the hoisin sauce though because that is truly the star of this whole dish. It gives them the true authentic flavor!
How to make copycat PF Chang’s lettuce wraps
Cook onions and chicken. Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium. Cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, then add ground chicken and cook until lightly brown. If there’s any excess fat, make sure to drain it.
Add sauce ingredients. Mix in the garlic, hoison sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy. Spoon the chicken mixture into lettuce cups. Add sliced green onions on top if desired. Enjoy!
- I love to use butter lettuce as wraps but you can also use bib lettuce, romaine or iceberg as well.
- Don’t skimp on the hoisin sauce. It gives them that delicious authentic flavor.
- You can add a dash of sriracha if you like heat.
- Can add in some chopped water chestnuts if preferred.
- Sometimes I’ll make a little extra sauce and serve it in a small bowl on the side.
What to serve with lettuce wraps?
More lettuce wrap recipes:
Pf Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce , to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar , to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil , to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger , to taste
- S & P , to taste
For serving: Butter or Bib Lettuce, sliced green onions
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in the ground chicken and cook until lightly brown. Drain excess fat.
- Then add in minced garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and ginger. Stir and heat for 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in lettuce cups. Add green onions on top if desired.