This dreamy orange butter recipe taste amazing over hot rolls, biscuits or toast and makes the perfect gift!
Flavorful Whipped Butter
I know Thanksgiving is still a couple months away, but put this on your MUST make list. Homemade dinner rolls are one of my favorite things ever. Now top them with this orange butter and you have yourself the most heavenly treat ever! Seriously, it is SO good! It is my favorite thing to put on rolls and super easy to whip up beforehand and store in the refrigerator. If you’re looking for more ideas, you’ll love this compound butter too.
This recipe comes from my friends over at Paging Super Mom. They told me about it a couple years ago and now it has been a staple at my house whenever we make rolls. They just aren’t the same without orange butter. So, of course, I had to share the recipe with you! Make it, you won’t regret it!
How to Make Orange Butter
- Softened butter. You can leave the butter out on the counter for a couple of hours, or simply microwave for about 15-20 seconds on 50% power. Just be careful not to melt it.
- Whip. Next you’re going to whip together the butter, powdered sugar, orange zest and orange extract. Whip until nice and creamy.
- Store. Make sure to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We like to take it out about an hour before serving to soften up a bit.
Storing + Freezing
You can easily cut this recipe in half or double it and store in the fridge for later. It stays fresh for about 4 weeks. You can also wrap and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Favorites to Serve With:
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar , more as needed
- 1-2 teaspoons orange extract , more as needed
- zest from one orange , more as needed
- Whip butter in an electric mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, orange extract and orange zest and blend until smooth. Taste and add more orange extract or zest to reach desired taste. Add another 1/4 cup powdered sugar if you'd like it thicker or sweeter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Spread over warm rolls to enjoy.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!