Thanksgiving blessing mix + free printable – A sweet and salty snack mix that is perfect for gift giving or holiday snacking.
Table of Contents
Easy Holiday Snack Mix
Happy November friends! Today I’m sharing this easy Thanksgiving snack mix. It’s very similar to a candy corn trail mix, but has a nice poem to go along with it to remember some of the reasons why we celebrate Thanksgiving. We love keeping a big jar out for guests to snack on with this delicious Thanksgiving punch, or passing out to neighbors and friends.
I first saw this idea a few years ago when my friend dropped by little bags of this mix right before Thanksgiving. My kids loved it, so of course we had to make some more to snack on. I don’t know about you, but the sweet and salty combo is one of my favorites!
This recipe is so simple to make (even your kids can put it together). In fact, it would be a great job for little ones, while you’re in the kitchen baking. All you need to make it is pretzels, bugles, craisins, candy corn, peanuts and M&M’s.
Thanksgiving Blessing Poem
- Bugles – shaped like the cornucopia, the horn of plenty.
- Pretzels – arms crossed and folded in thanks and prayer.
- Nuts – the promise of a future harvest if seeds are planted and tended with care.
- M&M’s – memories of those who came before us to guide a blessed future.
- Candy corn – the sacrifices of the first winter.
- Dried fruit – the bountiful fruits of the earth, gathered at harvest time.
My sister makes this recipe with a caramel coating which is also a yummy twist! She adds in 2 cups of Chex as well to make a Thanksgiving Chex Mix. See the recipe notes below if you want to try that version.
Thanksgiving Blessing Mix Printable
Download the free printable below. Then save the file to your computer and print on card stock with a colored printer. Send file to a copy store if desired. Then cut out and put onto a jar or tie onto a bag.
More Thanksgiving Favorites
Thanksgiving blessing mix
- 2 cups bugles
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts or cashews or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup M&M’s
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup craisins or raisins
- In a large bowl combine the bugles, pretzels, peanuts, m&m's, candy corn and craisins.
- Store in a covered container for up to 1 month.
- Combine bugles, pretzels, chex and peanuts in a bowl.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in 1 Tablespoon vanilla. Pour over the chex mix.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 275°F for 15-20 minutes. Once slightly cooled, mix in candy corn, m&m’s and craisins.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving blessing mix!