Hands down one of the easiest and yummiest recipes to serve at your next holiday party! This easy cheese ball recipe is always a huge hit!
I had friends over last weekend and debated about making a cream cheese ball. I had so many other things to make, so this was kind of on the “if I get to it” list. Well I’m so glad I got to it because as soon as one of our friends arrived, they said this was their favorite appetizer.
Apparently it’s not a get-together without one! And once I thought about it…it really isn’t (especially during the holidays). I never really loved them as a kid, but there was always one with a veggie tray at every holiday gathering.
This recipe is SO easy to make and only takes 4 ingredients. Can’t beat that. You can also make it the night before and I think it tastes even better the next day once the flavors have had time to marry together. Mmm!
How do I make a cheese ball?
This is honestly one of the easiest appetizers ever. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Mix together ingredients. Mix all ingredients (except pecans) with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Place on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Coat with pecans. Put pecans on a plate. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in pecans until well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Place on a platter with crackers and serve. Enjoy!
How long does it last?
It will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks, although I’m sure it will get eaten up before then since it’s so delicious. :)
This recipe is great because it can be prepped the night beforehand as well! I honestly think it tastes better if made a day ahead because the flavors have time to marry together and taste extra delicious.
- Use an electric mixer to mix all ingredients together (except pecans) until smooth.
- Place mixture on top of saran wrap, cover and form into a ball.
- Store in refrigerator over night.
- Before serving, roll in chopped pecans until well-coated.
- Serve on a platter with crackers!
If you don’t want to use pecans, you can use any of the coating options below. You could even cut it in half and do two different versions. Or make mini cheese ball bites. Lots of ways to customize for your guests!
There are plenty of delicious serving options. Below are some of our favorites!
- Pita chips
- Bell peppers
More easy appetizers:
- Charcuterie Board
- Baked Brie with Honey
- Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 7-Layer Dip
Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup green onions , chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing dry mix (like Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill , optional
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
For serving: Favorite snack crackers or vegetables
- Mix all ingredients except pecans with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Put pecans on a plate. Remove from plastic wrap and roll in pecans until well-coated.
- Place on a platter with crackers and serve. Enjoy!
- If you don’t want to use nuts, you can use chopped bacon or crushed crackers instead (similar to my Chex crusted bacon cheese ball).
- If you'd like more cheese, you can mix in 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese with the cream cheese.
- Make-ahead: Follow steps 1 & 2, then let chill in fridge overnight. Before serving, roll in chopped pecans until well-coated.
- Storage: Will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks if covered or stored in an airtight container.