Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball – A creamy cheese ball coated in bacon pieces, Chex cereal and pecans. Full of flavor and has the perfect crunch. This bacon cheese ball is the ultimate easy appetizer and is a true crowd pleaser!
Cheese balls are one of my go-to appetizers for the holidays. They are great for snacking on at any get together with family or friends. I sometimes even add them to a big charcuterie board, alongside other yummy appetizers like baked brie, bruschetta and hummus.
Sponsored by Chex Cereal.
Bacon Cheese Ball
This bacon ranch cheese ball is perfect for entertaining and is the ultimate easy appetizer. Things get so busy during the holidays, so I love to have simple and quick recipes that require minimal ingredients. And this ranch cheese ball is just that…easy, flavorful and so delicious.
The secret ingredient in this bacon ranch cheese ball is the crushed Chex cereal. It takes my classic cheese ball recipe up a notch and adds the perfect crunch. The addition of the bacon and ranch seasoning also help to make the flavor absolutely incredible.
We love serving this bacon cheese ball with crackers and fresh vegetables like cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers. I also love to add a handful of Chex for snacking…it’s always gone so fast! This bacon ranch cheese makes the best appetizer and is truly a crowd pleaser. This creamy cheese ball won’t stick around!
Ingredients for ranch cheese ball
What I love about this ranch cheese ball is that it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. When combined, these ingredients make the most flavorful, crunchy and delicious cheese ball recipe. So easy and so delicious!
How do you make a bacon ranch cheese ball?
This cheese ball recipe with bacon is so easy to make and is literally foolproof! Not only is it super easy, but it comes together quickly too. My kind of appetizer! Scroll down for the printable bacon ranch cheese ball recipe.
- Blend and stir cheese ball ingredients. Blend together cream cheese and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer in a bowl. Stir in cheese, green onions, 1/4 cup Chex and half of bacon.
- Form into ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate (at least an hour or more).
- Roll cheese ball with coating. Just before serving, add crushed Chex, pecans and remaining bacon onto a plate and spread. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in mixture until evenly and well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Place bacon cheese ball on a platter with crackers and vegetables. Enjoy!
What to serve with bacon ranch cheese ball
Below are a few of our favorites to serve with this bacon ranch cheese ball recipe. Just add crackers, veggies or chips of choice and dig in!
- Pita chips
- Mini french baguette slices
- Bell peppers
Can I make bacon cheese ball a day ahead?
Yes! That’s the best part about this bacon ranch cheese ball recipe! I usually make the cheese ball at least a day in advance to help marry the flavors together. I’ll typically just place the remaining bacon for the cheese ball coating in a zip top bag and stick in the fridge. I’ll also leave the crushed Chex and nuts in a bag on the counter, so it’s all ready to go. I don’t roll the coating on until the day I’m serving it, so that the outer coating doesn’t get soft and mushy.
Cheese Ball Recipe with Bacon
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks, softened)
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 strips bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup Chex cereal (crushed)
For serving: Crackers, vegetables
- In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer. Stir in the cheese, green onions, 1/4 cup of Chex and half of the bacon.
- Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Just before serving, spread out pecans, crushed Chex and remaining bacon onto a plate. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in mixture until well-coated.
- Place bacon cheese ball on a platter with crackers and serve. Enjoy!
I caught my daughter digging in, she loves it! We hope you enjoy this bacon ranch cheese ball as much as our family did! :)
This post was brought to you by Chex cereal. To learn more about Chex cereal products and find lots of delicious recipes, visit www.chex.com.