A creamy cheese ball coated in bacon pieces, Chex cereal and pecans. Full of flavor and has the perfect crunch. This bacon ranch cheese ball is the ultimate easy appetizer and is a true crowd pleaser!
Table of Contents
Easy Appetizer for Entertaining
Cheese balls are one of my go-to appetizers for the holidays. They are great for snacking on at any get together with family or friends. I sometimes even add them to a big charcuterie board, alongside other yummy appetizers like baked brie, hummus and cranberry salsa.
This bacon ranch cheese ball is perfect for entertaining and is the ultimate easy appetizer. Things get so busy during the holidays, so I love to have simple and quick recipes that require minimal ingredients. And this is just that…easy, flavorful and so delicious.
The secret ingredient is the crushed Chex cereal. It takes my classic cheese ball recipe up a notch and adds the perfect crunch. The addition of the crispy bacon and ranch seasoning also help to make the flavor absolutely incredible.
We love serving it with crackers and fresh vegetables like cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers. This creamy cheese ball is a true crowd pleaser and definitely won’t stick around!
What I love about this recipe is that it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. When combined, these ingredients make the most flavorful, crunchy and delicious appetizer out there. So easy and so delicious!
- Cream cheese
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Corn Chex Cereal
How to Make a Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
This cheese ball recipe with bacon is so easy to make and is literally foolproof! Not only is it super easy, but it comes together quickly too. My kind of appetizer!
- Blend and stir together ingredients. Blend together cream cheese and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer in a bowl. Stir in cheese, green onions, 1/4 cup Chex and half of bacon.
- Form into ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate (at least an hour or more).
- Roll with coating. Just before serving, add crushed Chex, pecans and remaining bacon onto a plate and spread. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in mixture until evenly and well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Place on a platter with crackers and vegetables. Enjoy!
Tip for easily crushing Chex: Add cereal to a ziptop bag and roll over with a rolling pin, until the pieces are crushed. So easy and mess free!
What to Serve with Bacon Cheese Ball
Below are a few of our favorites for serving. Just add crackers, veggies or chips of choice and dig in!
- Pita chips
- Mini french baguette slices
- Bell peppers
Can I Make it in Advance?
Yes! That’s the best part about this recipe. I usually make it at least a day in advance to help marry the flavors together.
However I don’t roll the outer coating on until the day I’m serving it, so that it doesn’t get soft and mushy. I’ll typically just place the remaining bacon that’s for coating in a zip top bag and stick it in the fridge. I’ll also leave the crushed Chex and nuts in a bag on the counter, so it’s all ready to go.
Mini Cheese Ball Variation
For a fun twist, try turning this recipe into mini cheese ball bites! Simply mix the ingredients together as instructed, then roll into 1″ balls. Roll each ball in the coating mixture, then add a mini pretzel stick on top. They make the perfect bite-sized party treat!
More Party Appetizers
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks, softened)
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 6 strips bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup Chex cereal (crushed)
For serving: Crackers, vegetables
- In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning with a hand mixer. Stir in the cheese, green onions, 1/4 cup of Chex and half of the bacon.
- Place mixture on plastic wrap, cover and form into ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Just before serving, spread out pecans, crushed Chex and remaining bacon onto a plate. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in mixture until well-coated.
- Place on a platter with crackers and serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!