Charcuterie Board – A simple way to make the BEST spread for a large crowd! Just throw together your favorite meats, cheeses, crackers and more. This cheese board has tons of snacking options for everyone and will definitely be a hit!
This delicious cheese board, commonly known as “Charcuterie,” is one of the easiest appetizers ever and looks so gorgeous! When we’re having a big dinner party or get-together, I almost always make a charcuterie board. I love that you can add basically anything to the cheese board and it turns out perfect. Sometimes I won’t even need to go to the store because I already have most of the ingredients on hand! I like to add lots of meats, cheeses and crackers, but there are so many other snacks that can be included. Just add your favorites and dig in! :)
What is charcuterie
Charcuterie is a French word that stands for the art of preparing meats that are cured or smoked, such as salami, bacon, ham and more. Charcuterie boards have become super popular and are commonly paired with different types of cheeses, crackers, nuts, dips or snacks of choice. They are a great appetizer to prepare for a large crowd and include lots of options for everyone!
Other snacks to add to cheese board
- Baked brie or cheese ball
- Dried fruits like apricots, mangoes, dates and more
- Chocolate covered almonds or pretzels
- Grapes, sliced apples, cherries and more
- Raw veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, celery, etc.
- Almonds, cashews, walnuts or nuts of choice
- Picked vegetables (cucumbers, asparagus, okra, etc.)
Love this charcuterie board? You’ll like these other appetizers too:
- 1/2 cup multigrain crackers
- 1 french baguette (sliced)
- 2 pita bread (cut into triangles)
- 4 ounces salami
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
- 4 ounces gouda cheese
- 4 ounces brie cheese rind (see brie recipe below)
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup jam
- Wash fruit and slice cheese and bread. Pour hummus, jam and olives into small bowls.
- Add all ingredients to charcuterie board and assemble as desired.