BEST M&M cookies- super soft, chewy, crispy edges and full of chocolate! Taste like they came straight from a bakery!
It’s no secret that I love chocolate chip cookies. They are my weakness. Throw some M&M’s in the mix and I’m in heaven.
There’s just something about a warm chocolate chip M&M cookie that reminds me of my childhood. At my school growing up they used to sell M&M cookies on Friday to raise money for the school and it was always such a treat when my mom let me buy one.
Over the years I have been working on perfecting the perfect ones, and these are in my opinion, the BEST M&M cookies! What makes them so yummy? They are thick and chewy, yet super soft on the inside while staying crisp around the edges. They also have the perfect ratio of chocolate chip to M&M’s. The more chocolate the better, right? ;)
How to make the best M&M cookies:
You can find the printable recipe below, but I wanted to share some of my tips before you get started baking.
- Refrigerate the dough, to help them stay thick and chewy
- Add extra M&M’s on top once they dough balls have been formed
- Bake at 375°F to get them crispy around the edges, yet keeping them soft inside
- Allow the cookies to set on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack
Mmm… now who could resist a big stack of these cookies? Certainly not me!
BEST M&M cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s plus more for tops if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s. Refrigerate dough for 15 to 30 minutes if time allows.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons), scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Place extra M&M’s on the top of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are barely golden brown. Allow cookies to set on pan for 2 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
We love to make different variations of these for all the holidays. For some reason, the holiday M&M’s just taste better. IS IT JUST ME? I feel like I’ve had a conversation about this with a few friends and we all agree.
We made these red white and blue cookies for the 4th of July and the everyone loved them!
Looking for more cookie recipes? You’ll love these too:
- Double chocolate pudding cookies
- Brown butter chocolate chip cookies
- Super soft sugar cookies
- 50+ cookie recipes
- White chocolate butterscotch cookies