By Kristin of Yellow Bliss Road for I Heart Nap Time.
Hey Naptime readers! I’m Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road back again to share this yummy Apricot Yogurt Muffin recipe with you. I love warm muffins fresh out of the oven on a Sunday morning!
My family and I recently went on a week and a half long vacation. We returned home late Saturday night only to wake up on Sunday morning and realize that we didn’t have any food in the house! Has that ever happened to you? We were kind of tired of restaurant food, so I spent a few moments opening cupboards and mentally making note of what I could use to whip up a nice homemade breakfast for us. One egg, flour, sugar, apricots and a carton of Greek Yogurt are what I came up with.
It worked, because these muffins were so soft and delicious, I can’t wait to make them again! You could easily swap out half of the flour for whole wheat flour like I did with my Zucchini Carrot Muffins. Or use fresh apricots, or really any soft fresh or dried fruit would work as well.
If you’d like some more yummy muffin recipes, try these:
Apricot Yogurt Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or oil
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 2 cups of water in the microwave. Place apricots in the boiling water for five minutes to soften. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Create a well in the center and set aside. Mix yogurt, melted butter, egg and milk in a separate bowl just until combined. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Drain apricots and add to the mixture. Fold in gently.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins (alternatively, you could simply grease the muffin tins). Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. An ice cream scoop works perfectly for this. Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.