These easy breakfast muffins are made with only a few ingredients and use just one bowl and spoon! Once you make this easy muffin recipe, it’ll become your new favorite easy breakfast!
Table of Contents
Easy Breakfast Muffins
When mornings are super hectic and busy, I love to have a quick and easy grab and go breakfast. These easy muffins are one of my favorite recipes, along with banana nutella muffins, blueberry muffins and chocolate chip zucchini muffins.
I absolutely love this plain muffin recipe! Not only are they absolutely delicious, but they have only a few ingredients and use one bowl and spoon. Double score! That’s why these easy muffins make the perfect quick and simple breakfast! I bet you have all the ingredients already in your pantry.
What I love about this easy muffin recipe is that you can put the extras in a sealed container and then heat them up one at a time in the microwave for a super easy breakfast or snack. Perfect grab and go option! These seriously are so easy and a family favorite.
How to Make Breakfast Muffins
This breakfast muffin recipe is SO easy! Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable easy muffins recipe and video tutorial.
- Preheat oven and line muffin cups. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners (or spray muffin cups with cooking spray).
- Combine ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir together. Add in eggs, oil and milk and mix only until combined. Don’t beat or over mix! If you over mix your muffins will become tough and dry.
- Add to muffin tin and bake. Scoop into prepared muffin tin (I like to use a large cookie scoop) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or just until golden and tops spring back when you press on them or a toothpick comes clean.
Do they Freeze Well?
Yes, these breakfast muffins freeze great! Make sure to cool them completely, then add to a freezer bag or container. They will keep in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months. To reheat them, simply allow them to thaw overnight or warm in the microwave for 15-30 seconds wrapped in a damp paper towel.
For Serving + Variations
- Spread strawberry jam on top
- Add a smear of peanut butter, cinnamon butter or apple butter or peanut butter.
- Make it savory and add a slice of cheese, eggs and a piece of bacon to the middle. Yum!
- We also love to add in 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (I like the ones from King Arthur Flour Or Gygi).
- These also taste great with fresh fruit mixed in like blueberries, strawberries or peaches.
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
Easy Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups (260 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (98g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
Optional mix-in's: 1/2 cup blueberries, chocolate chips or cinnamon chips
For serving: butter and jam
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray each cup with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir together.
- Add in eggs, oil and milk and mix only until combined, don’t beat or over mix or they will be dry! Fold in 1/2 cup mix-in's if desired.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes or just until golden and a toothpick comes clean. Serve with butter and jam.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe originally written by our contributor Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy.