These glazed orange muffins are super light, soft and bursting with orange flavor. Topped with a fresh orange glaze that adds the perfect sweetness!
I absolutely love making baked goods with fresh orange juice or zest. The flavor is so bright and perfect for spring or summer. These muffins are a favorite, as well as orange scones, orange sweet rolls and cranberry orange shortbread cookies.
These glazed orange muffins are the perfect start to any day! They’re soft, light and filled with fresh orange flavor. And they make a great breakfast for busy mornings or a quick afternoon snack.
I love making a batch and freezing half of the muffins. They’re especially perfect for back to school, so that we can easily pull them out of the freezer to pack in lunches.
My family LOVES these muffins and requests them weekly now! So delicious and so easy to make. Hope you love them as much as we do! Happy baking! :D
How to make orange muffins
- Preheat oven and line muffin pan. To get started, preheat the oven to 400º F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the eggs, oil, milk, orange juice and zest. Stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin pan and bake. Using a large cookie scoop (or 1/4 cup), add the batter to each of the muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges or golden brown. Let sit in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
I absolutely love the flavor that this powdered sugar glaze gives these orange muffins! It’s adds the perfect amount of sweetness, with an extra kick of brightness from the orange juice and zest.
To make the glaze, simply whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest. Then drizzle over top of the muffins with a spoon.
- Use a silicone muffin pan for easier removal. No liners needed!
- To enhance the orange flavor, try adding 1 teaspoon of orange extract to the batter.
- Use a large cookie scoop to easily add equal amount of batter to muffin cups.
- Muffins can be served without glaze if preferred. We love to add orange butter or jam too.
Storing + freezing
- To store: Place muffins in airtight container or bag and store at room temp for up to 2 days.
- To freeze: Wrap muffins in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag. Store in freezer for up to 2 months. To thaw, place muffin in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
More muffin recipes:
- Breakfast Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Blender Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Apricot Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons orange juice , more or less as needed
- Orange zest , if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined. Pour in the eggs, oil, milk, orange juice and zest. Stir just until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (or 1/4 cup), add the batter to the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or golden brown along the edges. Let sit in the pan for a couple minutes and then remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest. Then drizzle over top of the muffins.