These glazed orange muffins would make the perfect start to any day! They make a great breakfast for busy morning or a quick afternoon snack. These muffins are super light, soft and bursting with orange flavor! The orange glaze adds just the right amount of sweetness.
I love making a batch of these and then freezing half of the batch. They are perfect for back to school, so that we can easily pull them out of the freezer on busy morning for breakfast or to pack in lunches. All you need to do to freeze them is place them in a airtight ziptop bag and then when you’re ready to eat one, place it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. So delicious! My whole family LOVED them.
I’m excited to be partnering with my favorite orange juice brand, Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice, for this post. My family loves their not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice! It tastes delicious and our family loves that it’s made from 100 percent Florida-grown oranges. You just can’t beat the fresh flavor and it added the perfect sweetness to these muffins. I think that’s what gives it such a fresh taste! I used the some pulp variety for this recipe, but any will work great.
Glazed Orange Muffins are delicious and easy to make!
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined.
Pour in the eggs, oil, milk, orange juice and zest. Stir just until combined. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest. Then drizzle over top of the muffins.
Glazed Orange Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup whole milk you may use 2% as well
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice more or less as needed
- Orange zest if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners (or use a silicone muffin pan) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined. Pour in the eggs, oil, milk, orange juice and zest. Stir just until combined.
- Using a large scoop (or 1/4 cup) to add the batter to the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or golden brown along the edges. Let sit in the pan for a couple minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and zest. Then drizzle over top of the muffins.
You could certainly serve these muffins without the glaze, too. If we leave off the glaze, we’ll usually add a little butter and jam :)
Glazed Orange Muffins are a perfect treat for gift-giving
These make a great little gift and will definitely make your neighbors day.. Place them in as basket with a gift tag and a few flowers.
Hope you enjoy these muffins! Happy baking! :D
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice. All opinions are 100% my own. To find out more about their products and find recipe inspiration make sure to visit their website, or follow them on Facebook and Twitter.