Honey butter skillet corn is an easy 15-minute side dish that combines the sweetness of honey with the rich creaminess of butter and cream cheese! A delicious side that can be made year-round using frozen corn.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Sweet and creamy: Honey, butter and cream cheese pair well together with the sweet corn for an irresistible taste!
- Easy side dish: Honey butter corn can be made in one pan with only 15 minutes of your time. It’s such an easy recipe to pair with anything from steak to pork chops or even as a Thanksgiving side!
- Simple ingredients: With only 6 ingredients, this side doesn’t get any easier to put together for a weeknight dinner. It will be your new favorite way to enjoy corn!
- Family favorite: Corn is a favorite vegetable that the whole family can agree upon! While everyone loves a plain corn side dish this honey butter skillet corn just takes it up another notch with the creamy, sweet sauce.
How to Make
In a medium cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet on the stovetop, melt butter then stir in corn and cook 5 minutes over medium heat until edges are slightly golden.
Add in cream cheese, honey, salt, and pepper. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until well creamy and cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
Taste and adjust seasonings, garnish with fresh parsley, chives or green onions if desired then serve hot while it’s sweet and creamy!
- Fresh, frozen or canned corn: Fresh yellow corn may need to be sauteed a few minutes longer to soften, frozen corn can be added as is with no need to thaw and canned corn will need to be drained.
- Additional vegetables: Add some finely diced onion or jalapeno for additional flavors. Add both for maximum taste and then garnish with cilantro.
- Spicier: If you love some added heat to your side dishes, add up to a Tablespoon of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Garnish with Parmesan: For a cheesier corn, garnish with 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Substitute the cream cheese: You could use goat cheese or mascarpone cheese instead.
- Instead of honey: Honey really makes dish outstanding, but you can use agave in a pinch.
- Slow cooker: While this honey butter skillet corn can be quickly made in a skillet, you can also make it ahead in the slow cooker. Just add all ingredients, cook on low 1-2 hours and then set the crockpot to warm.
Store leftovers of this honey butter skillet corn recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- 2-3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen corn
- 1-2 ounces cream cheese cut into squares
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey , depending on taste
- ½ teaspoon salt , more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For serving (optional): chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the corn and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and the edges are slightly golden.
- Stir in the cream cheese, honey, salt, and pepper. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until well combined.
- Top with fresh herbs if desired. Serve while hot.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!