One Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder …a delicious and easy Mexican chowder recipe full of flavorful ingredients and is bold and spicy.
This recipe is spicy, bold, and the perfect comfort food. Made in just one pot, this chowder is ready to eat from prep to finish in just one hour. There is just something soothing about a warm bowl of chowder on a cold day that warms the soul.
I love a good thick and chunky chowder recipe and this One Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder does not disappoint! It’s made with easy to find ingredients and is seasoned with Taco Seasoning Mix and chopped green chilies for a nice spicy and warm flavor. You can add a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded cheese, and sour cream to cool down the heat.
My family and I could seriously eat Mexican food everyday. We just love the spices, textures, and yummy flavors. Some of our favorite meals are Make-Ahead Chicken Fajita Lunch Bowls and a Mexican Chopped Salad with Chipotle Dressing.
But this chowder recipe just might be our new favorite. This is perfect for cool fall and winter nights but is refreshing enough to enjoy all year long.
One Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder is so easy to make!
This One Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder starts with simple, delicious ingredients and gets a kick from two types of chilies.
My favorite toppings are blue corn tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, lime wedge, and sour cream.
One Pot Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso taco seasoning more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce drained (less if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 1/2 can Old El paso green chiles
- 1 32-ounce container chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 5 small red potatoes peeled and diced small
- 2 cups shredded chicken cooked (I like to use rotisserie)
- 1 (15 ounces) 15-ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Garnishes: Tortilla Chips Shredded Cheese, Chopped cilantro, Lime wedge, Sour cream (optional)
- In a large Dutch-oven or stock pot set over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic. When the garlic is fragrant and translucent, sprinkle in salt, pepper, and taco seasoning along with the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flour becomes lightly golden. Whisk in half and half and chicken broth. Add in the chipotle and green chilies. Bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, add potatoes and corn, reduce to medium heat again. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in chopped chicken and cheese, stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes. Garnish with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, cilantro, lime, and sour cream.
It’s so, so delicious and perfect for these chilly autumn evenings! Enjoy!